Still taking things slow...but making changes
- I have started re-reading Dr Phil's book 'The ultimate weight solution' for motivation as I did find it really helpful all those years back.
- I have yet to do any 'proper' exercise...its been a busy few days workwise, as well as the boys being home. Though I have been moving more - a few of the showers that I do are basically standing in the bathroom, just watching to make sure the client doesn't slip or fall and maybe washing their hair or back- so while waiting, I have been doing squats, and leg exercises...so at the moment they are sore, but a good sore!
I see a girl in a wheelchair on thurs mornings - I get her dressed and ready for the taxi to come and pick her up, normally we watch tv , today as it was lovely out we went for a slow walk around her yard....nothing to really burn any calories...but movement all the same.
- I have been drinking my bottle of water - and taking my own lunch...which is helping me resist take-away food. My clients always offer coffee and a biki or cake ( I can see now how much I've been eating that I have not even accounted for)...I have limited to only one coffee a day...then green tea, I have got away with out having the biki buy saying that I have just eaten and couldn't possibly eat anything else... which seems to be working, without offending:)
- This afternoon for work we had to attend a manual handling course, which was actually not as boring as I thought it would be...the lady who took the course also talked about healthy eating, and how if we are healthy, we are less stressed and tired, as less prone to accidents - at the end she gave us some stretching exercises to do, which felt really good, and has been feeeling more relaxed...so I will definetly be keeping them up!
Thanks for visiting my blog Lee.
ReplyDelete